DJ Event Saturday 29 October 9 pm in the ‘Salle des fêtes’ in La Borne.
We have chosen our favourite DJ Ben Bornéo to close the week with a festive atmosphere and bring together all of the people who have taken part in the week.
This event is supported by
GRANDS FEUX : 22 - 30 OCTOBER 2016
Since 1977, the Ceramics Association of La Borne and the Contemporary Ceramics Centre of La Borne have regularly been offering events allowing visitors to have the unique experience of being present at wood firings in a kiln. These are special moments for sharing. This year our event will bring together 15 kilns and thirty or so ceramists who will be carrying out firings from 22 to 30 October 2016. They look forward to helping you discover the art of fire. Take a stroll round the village and the surrounding area, and make a stop to visit the ceramist of your choice.
There will be other activities on offer to the public in the course of this week. There will be encounters with the earth, culture and creation, film shows, conferences, round table events, workshops, demonstrations presented by professionals, children’s events and an evening of musical festivities on the Saturday evening.
15 WOOD-FIRED KILNS: THE PARTICIPANTS
Point your cursor on the underlined names to find out the programme for each kiln
- Eric Astoul, Justin Dutel, Audrey Barbes, Margherita Lindner,
Maria Newman, Louis Mangin.
- Nicole Crestou, Stéphane Dampierre,
Josiane Chevalier, Jean Chauveau, Sophie Buquet, Elisabetta Overdevest, Marianne,
Roubaud, Pierre Jaggi, Jacques Laroussinie.
- Frans Gregoor
- Svein Hjorth-Jensen, Ovind Tingleff, Gunnar Thorsen, Birgit Knüpfer, Martine Coulloud.
- Chantal Magne, Jacques Laroussinie, Céline Alfroid-Nicolas, François Maréchal, Christine Limosino-Favretto, Bernadette Stokwielder, Nirdosh Petra van Heesbeen.
- Dominique Legros Philippe Potyralla, Jocelyne Godelle, Julie Nachajska, Brigitte Cloiseau, Laure Guichard.
- Elisabeth Meunier
- Lucien Petit and David Whitehead,
Machiko, Christophe Léger, Anthony Bourahli.
- Charlotte Poulsen, Caterina Sciancalepore, Alberto Bagetto, Marie-Christine Chevreau, Remy Pastor, Anne-Marie Kelecom, Fabienne Claesen, Bernard David.
- Sylvie Rigal
- Hervé Rousseau and Isabelle Pammachius
Kevin Lips, Nanouk Ann Pham, Johan Creten, Natsuko, et J.Hirson.
- Nicolas Rousseau and Maya Micenmacher-
Rousseau, Eti Goren, Delphine Barbry,
Jérôme Hirson, Laure Sulger, Anne Reverdy.
- Jean-Pol Urbain, Michèle Levi, Jacques Lamarre, Jacques Dumery, Valérie Ceulemans.
Lucien Petit and David Whitehead
- Firing: Monday 24 October to Thursday 27 October
- Filling the kiln: Sunday 30 October
Nicolas Rousseau and Maya Micenmacher-Rousseau
- Firing from Sunday 23 (9 am) auto Monday 24 October (5 pm).
- Emptying of the kiln Saturday 29 October from 11 am.
- Firing using the gallo-roman kiln on Saturday 22 October
- Emptying of the kiln Monday 24 October
- Firing from Tuesday 25 to Saturday 29 October.
Three ceramists offer you the chance to discover their skills.
> GILBERT SERRES
Constructing large pots
from 2 pm
> FRANS GREGOOR
Throwing distorted porcelain pieces
Thursday 27 October: from 2 pm
> GEORGES SYBESMA
Throwing large-scales pieces
Thursday 27 and Friday 28 octobre from 2 pm to 4 pm.
* Free of charge, no reservation necessary
RAKU AND WOOD EVENTS **
Bowls to be glazed and fired with Dalloun, J.-P. Urbain and F. Maréchal.
** A fee is charged, no reservation necessary.
> CHARLOTTE POULSEN
Animal Sculpture: 4 days
20-23 October: 315 €
> RACHID DJABELA
Throwing on the wheel: 3 days
28-30 October: 240 €
*** Reservation necessary
PROJECTIONS OF FILMS
The projection of short films about ceramics on several days in the week.
> Peter Callas
His collaboration with Peter Voulkos from 1979 to 2002.
Projection of a short film: Voulkos "The Lost Tapes".
Sunday 23 october: 2 pm
> Round Table
‘« Polycultures céramiques »’
Conference run by external speakers from different backgrounds.
Monday 24 Octobre 6 pm.
> Johan Creten
As part of his artist in residence in La Borne:
conference, slide show.
Friday 28 october: 6 pm
> ‘Journée récréa-terre’
A day-long course for children to start ceramics in a friendly atmosphere with our presenter. They will make and decorate an object.
Tuesday 25 October from 11 am to 4 pm.
Price: 40 €
Contemporary Ceramics Centre of La Borne
Tel. : 02 48 26 96 21
> Animal modelling workshop
Tuesday 25 October: 2 – 4 pm
Wednesday 26 October: 10 am to 12 noon
Thursday 26 October: 2 – 4 pm
Price: 15 € for
With Nicole Crestou in Morogues
Tel : 06 22 05 49 02